Thursday, September 10, 2009

The secret of my success is that at an early age I discovered I was not God." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Nothing super exciting happened today, I woke up, jumped in the hot tub (that's right, hot tub), and went to the my work meeting. For those of you who don't really know me, you should know that I don't really enjoy going to these meetings particularly... But I move on. Towards the end of it, I was getting kind of agitated from the inane questions two of my coworkers kept asking about things they did 2 years ago that had absolutely no relavence to anything we had been talking about, so when it got to be my turn to talk, you can imagine I was a little obnoxious...

Boss: "Jacob, do you have any questions?"

Jacob: *sly look* "Yes, I do in fact have a question... What is, in your opinion, the cause of the dinosaur's extinction?"

Boss: *skeptical look, yet slightly amused* "Well, I believe an asteroid struck the earth and caused nuclear winter."

Jacob: "Indeed..."

I would have gone on, but I really wanted to get out of there... Oh well. After the meeting I went down and said my last goodbye's to Nate as this was his last day. He has certainly been a very good friend these two years he's been here. After this and all, I met Rivey and we went to Kinza Teriyaki for lunch (my favorite Teriyaki joint this side of the bridge) then we went to the house and chilled for a while. We ended up watching A Scanner Darkly, which is always great. Well, it's eleven fourty-two and I believe I will go to bed now. Good night world, I will leave you with some notes I took at a meeting a while ago so you can get the idea of the way I view said meetings::


Photobucket

Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment